Monday, February 12, 2024

My Month

Since the 12th of January, Ann & I have spent 13 evenings here by ourselves. We have entertained friends and family four times, and attended one theatre production, one opera, eleven chamber music events, one symphony performance, and had four dinners out – three with each other and one with a large group of friends. I know – that’s 35 days out of 31 – it’s  nuts! E.g., Saturday, the 27th : morning at Met’s Live in HD of Carmen and evening at SCMS's Winter Chamber Festival.

I’m not telling you this to tout lofty cultural taste or confess a psychotic, peripatetic drive but merely to confess it’s what we choose to do; perhaps a little too wound up in Seattle’s annual dead spot, especially in this year of no snow.

Well, that’s who Grandpa is, I guess. Still too tightly wound. (Is that wound, rhymes with sound, or wound, rhymes with spooned, which is how he likes to sleep?)

No comments:

Post a Comment